The Perfect Pressie is committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to its website and takes this responsibility extremely seriously.
As the use of the internet, and consequently, internet shopping becomes more popular we appreciate that you may become increasingly concerned about how your personal information is treated.
This page sets out our policy in relation to this, and should help to set your mind at rest about what information we collect about you and how it’s treated.
For the purposes of this section, reference to “The Perfect Pressie”, “our”, “we”, or “us” is done so in relation to the owner of The Perfect Pressie, whilst the terms “you” and “your” refers to the customer.
When the terms “goods”, “item/s” or “product/s” are used, they are referring to anything that is for sale on this website.
What information will be collected about you on this site?
The following kinds of information may be collected and stored:
- computer IP address to administer and monitor access to this site
- information about your visits to and use of this website
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website including, but not limited to, purchasing details
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website, newsletters and/or email notifications
- any other information that you choose to provide us with
Cookies and this website
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
- track your visit on the website
- enable our website to recognise you each time you visit.
Some cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whilst others remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
How your personal information may be used
We may use your personal information to:
- aid the administering of the website
- improve your visit and/or shopping experience by personalising the website
- enable your access/use of the services available on the website
- send the goods to you that have been purchased via our on-line shop
- send statements or invoices to you, collect payments from you and issue receipts following payment being received
- send email notifications/replies to you following receipt of a complaint from you, a request to return an item purchased via our website from you, or notification from you that your item has been received in a damaged or faulty condition or any other enquiry received from you
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – this information will not be used to identify an individual user - you will remain completely anonymous
- We do not currently use any form of direct marketing, other than our newsletter, which we compile in-house and you must sign up to receive. If this should change at any time in the future, we will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Disclosure of personal information to a third party
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention)
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling
How your personal information is kept secure
This website is hosted by Site Wizard. They process and store limited information on our behalf. They do not store any payment details on any of their servers.
If you choose to register for an account with us, or sign up to our newsletter, the basic information collected in relation to these processes is stored on their servers so that when you sign in again, your information is recalled, or when we send out the latest version of our newsletter its automatically sent to your email address.
Sitewizard take the security of your information extremely seriously. Any information provided is stored in a MySQL database on a CENTOS Linux server, situated in a secure data centre in Telehouse in London’s Canary Wharf. This server receives daily secure updates via a process called “YUM Installed Backported Security Updating”.
The process that they use is fully PCI DSS compliant.
Amendments to our Policy
What are your rights?
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- payment of a small fee (currently £10.00); and
- supply of appropriate evidence of your identity. For this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
This website contains links to other websites i.e. Facebook, Twitter etc. The Perfect Pressie accepts no responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
What to do if you notice your information is incorrect
Please let us know if any personal information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Who to contact in relation to the personal information held